Gun Grabbers at all levels of government have been attempting to ban “Assault Weapons” and limit ammo capacity for decades. They have no definition of “Assault Weapon.” If it looks scary to them, they want to ban it. Banning “Assault Weapons” isn’t about reducing violent crime, it’s about controlling what weapons Iowans have access to: for self-defense, for hunting, for sport shooting, and most importantly for holding our own government accountable to “We the People.”
DETAILS ON THIS LEGISLATION
- The end goal of this legislation isn’t to reduce crime, it’s control over the people
- Gun owners don’t need a reason to own these, it’s our right as a free people
- Gun grabbers want to ban scary looking guns (ie. ALL semi-automatic weapons)
- AR-15s are the most popular semi-automatic firearms in Iowa
- Banning “Assault Weapons” will do nothing to stop violent criminals
- Limiting firearms and ammo capacity only hurts law abiding citizens
- AR-15s are used more often for self-defense than in the commission of a crime
- Localities that have banned AR-15s are incredibly violent (ie. Chicago)
WHAT GUN OWNERS WANT
The members of Iowa Gun Owners have fought tirelessly to expand the Second Amendment here in Iowa for over fifteen years. During that time, they’ve flipped the House (2010), the Senate (2016), and the Governor’s mansion (2010) in response to pro-gun legislation being blocked in Des Moines. More recently, they propelled the ‘Freedom Amendment’ to pass with over 65% of the vote! Our members specifically reject this legislation.
Iowa Gun Owners is 100% OPPOSED to any legislative effort to limit our members’ access to these firearms and the magazines that ‘feed’ them.
AARON DORR, CHAIRMAN (CELL 712-461-1401)
JERED TAYLOR, LEGISLATIVE LIASON (CELL 417-317-4291)
OR [email protected]